luismoreno2117

Where am I getting this $1,800 from? Is it my stimulus?

bluedeb

Yes, if you did not receive your stimulus or were not given the correct amount, then you can claim it on your 2020 tax return.

On your 2020 return (filed in 2021), you will be asked about the stimulus money. Enter any amount you have already received (if any) . Then the program will calculate if you are owed more money (which would include any amount you qualify for the second stimulus money), or it will show you don't qualify.

After the Other Tax Situations section (Federal Review) of the 2020 TurboTax program you will be asked about the stimulus payment received or not received in 2020.

After you asked about the stimulus payment & you qualify, you will get the Recovery Rebate Credit (stimulus) on the 2020 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.

@luismoreno2117 wrote:

But that’s the thing I haven’t done my taxes. I’m trying to do them but it won’t allow me because it says I already did them and that my return is $1,800

Then create a new account to start the 2020 tax return.

Go to this TurobTax website, select the edition and create a new account with a new User ID - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

bluedeb

luismoreno2117

I received $1,800 that was labeled “tax return” but I haven’t done my taxes so how can I do my taxes if the option doesn’t pop up

@luismoreno2117 wrote:

That should be for the second stimulus payment.  $600 each for three people on your 2019 tax return.

luismoreno2117

But now on turbo tax it won’t let me do my taxes because it says that I already filed them and my return is that $1,800

@luismoreno2117 wrote:

Your 2020 tax return?

Did you do this?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

luismoreno2117

@luismoreno2117 wrote: