Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Turbo Tax 2020 have Schedule D ready so I can input my data and make plans about last minute stock transactions so I can minimize my tax?

@OrlandoSam wrote:

Hello!  Could you please tell me how?  I have found it impossible to manually enter any data at all on any type of capital gains worksheet using the 2020 Deluxe version of TurboTax .  Sales data can only be entered using the interview method, which I dislike and find very tedious.  This is a change from prior years, since Schedule D reporting was apparently "dumbed down" in 2020, at least in the Deluxe version.  Can anyone tell me if capital gain/loss data can actually be manually be entered on a worksheet in the Premier version?  If so, I may need to upgrade.

Yes, you can do that in Deluxe.  Multiple sales transactions (and even summaries if allowed and desired) can be entered manually in Forms Mode using the Quick Entry Table on the Form 1099-B Worksheet.  See my full answer I already left you after your other question in this thread.  I also included a couple of screen images from the Deluxe Edition.  Here's the link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-when-will-turbo-tax-2020-have-schedule-d-ready...

jeffleff

When will Turbo Tax 2020 have Schedule D ready so I can input my data and make plans about last minute stock transactions so I can minimize my tax?

I cannot open Form 8949?

@ jeffleff wrote:

I cannot open Form 8949?

We don't know what all you are doing in regards to Form 8949, or even what product you are using.    Please describe what "cannot open Form 8949" means so we can know what you are experiencing and asking about.

Are you using desktop software (CD/download), and trying to do something in Forms Mode instead of the interview step-by-step mode?   If so, there is a complex interaction between worksheets.

If this is for investment sales of stocks/bonds/mutual funds, have you entered info from a Form 1099-B yet?   It is the Form 1099-B Worksheet that provides the entry point to creating a Schedule D and Form 8949.   Entries/edits made on the Form 1099-B Worksheet should be reflected on the Schedule D and Form 8949.

I need to be able to use the Schedule D in preparing a tax return.

@polish prince wrote:

I need to be able to use the Schedule D in preparing a tax return.

You will have to use the TurboTax Premier online edition.

Or you can use any of the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies