When will I get my refund

Antwaune31

When will I get my refund

Because of you guys era most Americans are like me waiting and hoping we will get A refund soon. How’s is it fair for stimulus to go out before refund and that’s are money taxpayers. I just want my refund I didn’t get any stimulus because of child support which is wierd because I still need help .. now when I do get a chance to get a refund you guys drop the ball . You guys probably will be hearing from a lot of attorneys.. someone had to be held accountable 

When will I get my refund

If you filed your tax return, whatever happens after that is up to the IRS.  Turbotax has no control over when your refund is paid by the IRS.  

If you used Refund Transfer to deduct your fees from your refund, that should only add 1-2 extra days between the time the IRS pays your refund and you see it in your bank account.  If the delay is longer, you need to contact SBT bank.

Has the IRS actually paid your refund yet?  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

LenaH

When will I get my refund

Child support is not taxable income to the recipient and not deductible to the payer. It would not have any impact your adjusted gross income (AGI) or the disqualify you from receiving the stimulus payments. If you did not receive the first or second stimulus payments, then you could receive the Recovery Rebate Credit

To qualify, you must:

• Be a US citizen or resident alien.
  • Not be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return. 
  • Have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint. If your AGI is above this amount, your payment will be reduced. 

If you meet those requirements and there is no amount on Line 30 of your 1040 form, then you should amend your return to get the Recovery Rebate Credit. For more information on how to amend, if you meet the qualifications, please see How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?

In addition, the IRS issues both the stimulus payments and the refunds due, not TurboTax. Therefore, we cannot say for sure when you will get your refund. A lot of taxpayers are in the same situation as you due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

@Antwaune31

When will I get my refund

@LenaH wrote:

Round 1 of the stimulus ($1200, paid between April and July, 2020) was subject to offsets for back child support, even though it was exempt from offsets for other debts.  Round 2 was exempt from all offsets.  If a taxpayer tries to claim a rebate on their tax return because their stimulus payment was offset, it will still be denied by the IRS.  The taxpayer still "received" the stimulus, it was just immediately taken for their debt.