Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

david14

When will I be able to e-file a texas franchise tax form using business edition of turbotax? Not a final return.

I tried on both an 1120S and 1065 filing and neither would e-file but when I filed Federal Only they went right through.  There are no messages as to why it wouldn't and didn't say it wouldn't, just  was non-responsive.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

When will I be able to e-file a texas franchise tax form using business edition of turbotax? Not a final return.

Texas Franchise Forms are scheduled to be available for efile March 19.

I'm encountering the same issue with e-filing TX Franchise Tax as of 3/4/21. The error prompts, "You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2020 Texas Corporation tax returns from beginning of tax season to end of tax season.  We'll see you then! "

Based on this message, Intuit office is not open and the tax season has not started yet? 

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

Texas Franchise forms are not scheduled to be available for efile in TurboTax Business until March 19.

jps3
Returning Member

It's nearly May and I can't complete my Texas Franchise Tax Information Worksheet. It will not accept the name of my company as it has the past 15 years. But when I type my name, it accepts it. I do not believe this is correct, Part 1 should be the company name. Any thoughts?????

For a UP to date timeframe, as indicated within this message that the forms would be ready March 19... they are STILL not... very surprising for a top tax return company.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please check here for form and efile availability: Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is NOW April 1st... I am STILL not able to efile my business tax returns in Texas.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Continue to check here for form and efile availability: Business State Forms Availability Looks like the date changed to April 5.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies