Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

@Emerritt1  - The first thing I would do is write my Congressman ad ask him why the IRS delayed a form that effects you so much until February of the next tax year  If your Federal Government was actually functional this form could have been completed by the IRS last year and TurboTax could have had the form ready in November when they released the 2021 version.

Seems like its easy to blame the wrong people, the IRS drags its feet for months on something this important and its Intuits fault that they don't have their software patched within 2 or 3 days of the form being finalized.

To me that line of thinking is at least unreasonable and possibly irrational.

Why do the other tax preparation programs already have this form updated and active for their clients? Turbo Tax for some reason is dragging their feet on this. The form has been approved and is out there for people to use. I have checked a couple of other tax software programs and they have the form ready and live. Turbo Tax as a tax leader why do you not have this ready for your customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ebarkley71  - Which other ones did you check?  Curious since you brought it up.

EFM
Level 2

I would like to point out to you and the TurboTax Support Site monitor that this bulletin board was intended to provide tax information exchange in a courteous and professional manner. All the information I provided is accurate and verifiable. Your reply is insulting and not worth explanation.  In the future, I will not participate or provide any useful feedback on this platform.

Free Tax Usa and Tax Act are two I checked and entered my information into, and they both had the form available for use.

EFM, I am sorry you believe I am being unprofessional, and my comments are insulting. I am just frustrated with their lack of care for their customers.  have been a Turbo Tax user for a number of years. I have always enjoyed using their products. But I just like a number of other people out there would like to get my taxes done and move on with my life, but when they cannot get updates done in a timely manner like the other tax preparation software's it is a little discouraging. They have and are one of the best software companies out there for tax completions, but they are lacking this year for some reason in being the leader in their field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll bite.  How are they lacking?  Because they haven't released a form 10 days after it was published by the IRS?  A form that the IRS could have published 6 months ago?

By the way have you looked at the form?  Th flow logic on the IRS form is crazy hard to understand.  I am glad that when the do release it I will just have to click a few buttons and not have to worry about it, because they took their time and made sure it was right.

msromike, I am sorry you must have missed my prior posting. Both Tact Act and FreeTaxUSA both have the forms active with their software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EFM - and I would like to point out that this thread is not the place to post suggestions that people go use other solutions.  This is the place to find out:

Re: When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

There should be a few posts in here, not a bunch of shills directing people to competitors.  Not a bunch of people whining about how they are let down by Intuit.  It's not even the place to tell us about what a financial hardship the IRS has placed on you but not releasing the form until the first week of February.

If you feel it's Turbo Tax is not a good value then keep it to yourself!  You can vote with your wallet next year when you choose your tax preparation system for TY 2022.

EFM
Level 2

To ebarkley71, my reply was not directed at you. It was intended to msromike who continues to argue with others on this forum without understanding the argument being made about other tax preparation programs. The point being made is that the template for the TurboTax computer program update from IRS Form 8915-E to 8915-F should be minor. Other companies have already incorporated the new release; therefore, it should be released shortly by TurboTax. I am not "advertising" for any other product but msromike seems to be unable to understand the context for my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a look at the flow chart on the form and tell me it's minor!  BTW - it's been 6 (six) business days since the IRS released the form.  To me that does not seem unreasonable.

2022-02-13 16_03_08-f8915f_2.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit).jpg

I didn't I recieved this message on my phone not sure why I recieved it to be honest

RK37
Level 1

I think it's time msromike takes a break from this forum, and joins an anger management group. Dude, TurboTax has dropped the ball compared to other tax preparation sites. You're constant haranguing is not helpful. You're starting to (no, make that you ARE) looking like a nut. 

Enough.

I'm guessing you're not very good at math. The IRS released this form on February 3rd. According to my math, that was 10 days ago (from yesterday's date 02/13/2022). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

missyroberts1123

6 business days, Mon - Fri, not every company has 24/7/365 operations.  Give them time, it hasn't been that long.

I feel a lot of people have misplaced anger regarding this delay.  So far it's not much of a delay.  In any case its about how long it took last year, and if anyone is to blame its the IRS.

Just a symptom of the instant gratification culture we live in.  Everyone wants speedy and cheap, no matter how sub-par the actual product is.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies