Solved: When mailing my deceased mothers tax return for the state of GA do I need to complete a form similiar to the 1310 federal form?

terrilayfield

When mailing my deceased mothers tax return for the state of GA do I need to complete a form similiar to the 1310 federal form?

JohnW15

Yes, you do. 

You need to use Form GA-5347, Georgia Department of RevenueDeceased Taxpayer Refund Check Claim Form to  claim  a  refund  on  behalf  of  your  deceased mother.

The wording on the form is kind of funny, but this is what you'll need to mail in with your mother's Georgia return.

JohnW15

Yes, you do.