Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwhodson
Returning Member

When installing 2023 turbo tax premier from a cd I purchased at SAMs; I get a data error message cycle redundancy check error. How do I get past this error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When installing 2023 turbo tax premier from a cd I purchased at SAMs; I get a data error message cycle redundancy check error. How do I get past this error?

dwhodson
Returning Member

It appears that when you try to install the app into a directory called "TurboTax" it gives  you this error.  No matter how you try it errors off.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you can't install TurboTax from your CD after several attempts, you need to Contact TurboTax Support.

Either the issue with your computer will be resolved, or you will be given a download to install instead.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Use the download method instead of the CD. It has more advantages over the CD and will be the current updated version and may fix installing errors the CD has. Then you can also download it another computer or if you need to reinstall it. Or just buy the Download from Turbo Tax or Costco etc.

There should be a card in the CD case on on the CD envelope that says how to download it and you will need the 14 or 16 digit code from it to enter.

How to download Turbo Tax instead of using the CD 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies