Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I save my tax file for 2023, turbotax puts 2024 in the front. Why? Shouldn't it save as 2023???

I am doing my 2023 taxes, but when I save the file, it saves as 2024. This is definitely an error! If I change it, the program will continue to save it as 2024, instead of 2023 as it should be named.  
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When I save my tax file for 2023, turbotax puts 2024 in the front. Why? Shouldn't it save as 2023???

@lisakizer494 

1)  Desktop or Online software??

2)   Is this the raw datafile ending ".tax2023" ??

......or is it the PDF file ?

3)  or is it just the starting text of the name of the file?

I certainly don't see it happening at all with my Desktop software, unless I did an initial Save-As , and put the 2024 in myself...Like maybe I accidentally forced a Save-As "2024_MyTaxes.xxxxx".  But that would be my mistake.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

it is the starting text

desktop version

Don't know why...but certainly do a separate Save-As with a more proper file name. Then delete that older mis-named file  (Assumign you haven't actually filed yet.)

I tried my Desktop Premier (Windows) with a newly created test file, and the Save default started with the expected "2023" text.

[[[You could also rename the existing file in directory it is located in.   But then when you looked for it in the TTX software, you'd probably need to "Browse" to find & open the file the first time after renaming it.]]]

________

Wonder too if there is some strange autocorrect setting on your computer system...but that's a pretty remote idea.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies