jotater1963

When filing for a deceased person do I put my name on the "what's your name" section ? or do I fill it out as if I was the deceased?

MiriamF

If you are filing for a deceased person, you list their name, social security number and birthdate as if you are the deceased person. However, under address, you write "In care of" with your name and address.

If you are claiming the refund from the tax return, you must file form 1310. To find that form, enter "form 1310" in the search box, then click Jump to form 1310.

More information about filing a tax return for a deceased taxpayer is available from the IRS.