Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kyrie1

When figuring my Annualized Adjusted Gross Income, how do I enter numbers from a 1099-DIV? Is there a form to help calculate these quarterly numbers?

My 1099DIV shows gross dividends, qualified dividends, and Section 199A dividends.  Which do I use?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

When figuring my Annualized Adjusted Gross Income, how do I enter numbers from a 1099-DIV? Is there a form to help calculate these quarterly numbers?

Enter all of it.  Use instructions below.

Where do I enter my 1099-DIV in the TurboTax CD/Download software? The easiest way to enter Form 1099-DIV is to open your return, search for 1099-DIV, and click the "jump-to" link at the top of your search results. That'll take you to the screen where you can enter your dividend income.

Just enter the 1099DIV as presented.  Enter in the appropriate box on the return.

Form 1099-DIV reports dividend income you received from your investments. To enter this in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for 1099-DIV and select the Jump to link in your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any dividend income?
  4. Choose your bank or brokerage from the list to import your 1099-DIV and select Continue or manually enter your 1099-DIV  by selecting I'll type it in myself.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your 1099-DIV.

Don't combine the amounts from two or more 1099-DIV forms if they're from the same payer. Instead, enter additional 1099-DIVs individually by answering Yes to Do you have any more dividend income from somewhere else? after you've entered all the information from your first 1099-DIV.

If you've already entered a 1099-DIV and need to enter a second 1099-DIV, select Add another 1099-DIV and follow the same steps above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@kyrie1 

for "Annualized Income "?  form 2210 AI ?

Brokerages usually give out "Supplemental" sheets attached to the end of their Consolidated 1099-B forms that you would download to your computer as a PDF (not imported into the tax file)...or receive in the mail if the send it that way.

That supplemental sheet would break down all of the distributions by months for all of your holdings at that brokerage........then you build it up by month, then quarter in a spreadsheet.

If for some reason, they don't send you that supplemental sheet  (I can't get mine until after 13 Feb, but that may depend on what securities you hold), then you'd have to print out your monthly statements ad figure it out from those .

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies