Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hanks

When can I download the 2024 Tax Software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The Desktop program is usually available in early November.  

Hanks

Why is the online Turbo Tax wanting me to do a 2023 filing?

Turbotax has not made an announcement but it's usually in November or December. it's not really useable since it will be based mostly on 2023 law with some known updates made to reflect 2024 law. There is no authorized CD for 2024. 

@Hanks Tax year 2024 has not ended.  No one will file a 2024 tax return until next year in 2025.  The current online software is for the tax year that ended on December 31, 2023.   You can still prepare and e-file a 2023 return until October 15, 2024.  After that your 2023 return can only be filed by mail.   The software for 2024 returns is usually released late in the year, so sometime in late 2024 the 2024 software will be released, but will require many updates.  The IRS will not begin to accept 2024 returns until late January 2025.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies