What’s going on

What’s going on

Whenever I check my turbo tax app it shows that my return was accepted but doesn’t approved. I’m concerned because the bar at the bottom is full but I still haven’t received anything. What’s going on?

What’s going on

The TurboTax program will only let you know if your return is accepted or rejected.  TurboTax gets no information about the processing of your return/refund. 

Once your returns have been accepted , it is up to the IRS & State when refunds are issued. The IRS states that nine out of 10 e-filed tax returns with direct deposit will be processed within 21 days of IRS e-file acceptanceMailed paper returns: If you filed a paper return, please allow 4 weeks before checking the status. Refund processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date the IRS receives your tax returnStates differ when they issue refunds.

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

You can checked the IRS website Where's My Refund for your information?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have a State refund, click on the following link, then click on your State

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help

What’s going on

So why is the progress bar full if I haven’t been rejected or accepted yet? 

What’s going on

The process bar in the TurboTax is full because you have finished your taxes with TurboTax.  Your return was accepted and now it is in the hands of the IRS & State.

The TurboTax bar & the IRS information is separate, TurboTax does not update to match the IRS website because the TurboTax program does not get any information about your return once your return has been accepted.  You would need to keep checking the IRS  website for the processing of your return/refund.