Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rakibuzzaman
Returning Member

What is the "federal ID number of credit source" for lead paint tax credit in MA in schedule cms 3a?

I am filing MA state tax return and want to claim the lead compliance credit for deleading my property. While I am filling the info on the turbo tax online, it took me to the schedule CMS, and on the section 3a it asked for the "federal ID # of credit source ". I am not able to find and federal ID # of credit source for the lead paint. Turbox tax online is not allowing to leave this blank and I am not able to proceed further.  Does anyone know this or this should be  my SSN?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

What is the "federal ID number of credit source" for lead paint tax credit in MA in schedule cms 3a?

In order to claim the credit the property must be inspected by a risk assessor licensed by the department of public health.  Then, after the lead paint has been removed, the property must be reinspected by a licensed risk assessor or inspector who will issue you a letter allowing you to take the credit.  That letter should have your source ID number on it.

Here are the instructions for the Massachusetts lead paint credit.

@rakibuzzaman 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies