Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gagv02

What is the email address to contact them? I have been waiting 3 months now to get back my taxes. I need answers

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

What is the email address to contact them? I have been waiting 3 months now to get back my taxes. I need answers

@gagv02  asked:  "What is the email address to contact them? I have been waiting 3 months now to get back my taxes. I need answers"

Who are the "them?"    Are you asking how to contact the IRS?   If so, we can give you the phone steps to get through to a live IRS agent or if necessary, the Taxpayer Advocate Service.  But so far, we don't know your situation.   This is a public Internet forum so don't post any personal information in this user community.

If you're wondering about a delayed Federal refund, what message do you see when you use the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

gagv02

Thanks for your response! Can you provide me with the phone to contact the IRS? I will contact you to see my refund because it's not normal that my profile says that I will get my money back the 2/21. 

In the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool it says below ¨refund status results´ return received but not accepted or sent. 

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

If you were given an expected date of 2/21/2024 in TurboTax, that is only an estimate based on the common 21-day average time frame.  Some returns can take longer for additional processing, depending on certain types of credits, or if the IRS needs any additional info, or closer examination to prevent fraud, etc.

If the IRS tool says your return was received and is processing, then at least you know the IRS has your return and is working on it.    If you want to phone them to see if you can find out any info as to what might be causing the delay, here are the steps:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose any choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.   The steps below may have changed slightly for 2024, but the important thing is not to answer anything except for choosing the menus, and finally you will be transferred to a live agent.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
gagv02

Thank you so much fro your information!

You're welcome.  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies