Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On week 16 waiting for my tax return.

When I first called after the 21 days they told me they would put a referral in and that can take up to 10 weeks. I called after those 10 weeks (5/1/24) and they put another referral in and they told me that could take up to 30 days. I am going to call again today (5/30/24) and I'm guessing they will tell me to call tomorrow since it hasn't been 30 days. Also guessing the will put another referral in and I'll have to wait another 30 days. 

All they will tell me is there was a system issue and went into this other area. I've done my taxes on other sites and come up with the same numbers so I don't know what the issue is. Never received a letter from them either. I did file the solar tax credit, they waiting on the money for that???

What is going on here? Do I need to contact a lawyer? 

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Called the IRS and their systems are down. Waiting on another call back when the systems are back up. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Calling the IRS is your best bet to get an update.  Here is a helpful FAQ that explains some of the most common reasons your return may be delayed in processing.  

As a last resort, you also have the option of contacting a Taxpayer Advocate for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies