abby_dean

What is the difference between “Federal Income Tax” and “Federal Income Tax Withheld from W2 and 1099?” I have found the second number but not sure if the first one is the same or

The same or my actual tax from the tax table.

DDollar

Your "Federal Income Tax" is the amount of tax calculated on your income and deductions for the year.  Federal Income Tax Withheld from W-2 is the amount of federal tax your employer took from your pay and sent to IRS.  The later amount goes to pay the former - your Federal Income Tax.  The amount withheld can be more or less than the amount of tax calculated.  The difference is either your refund, or the amount you owe.

DDollar