turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the correction for Microsoft installer error 2329?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this:  Run an update on your Windows Operating System and after the update is complete, uninstall Turbo Tax. Reinstall Turbo Tax and this should fix the error.  

If you have Windows 10 and you need to update, please see below:

1. Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Windows Update.
  2. Click Check for updates to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
  3. Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

I recognize that error code. Basically, you have corruption within your Windows 10 operating system. There's a good chance you can fix it if the above does not work. Running the DISM command might fix it. it might not. But it's worth a try.  Start by ensuring you have a clean fully functional connection to the Internet.
First, restart the computer after having ran windows update until no more updates are available.
Now click the start button and scroll the start menu down to Windows System.
Click Windows System to expand it.
Now right-click the Command Prompt icon, select More, then Run As Administrator. (this is important!)
In the open command prompt window type the following command:
DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press the enter key on your keyboard after entering the above. Note that it can take up to an hour for this to run.
Once it completes, reboot the computer again and check for Windows Updates and install as necessary. After the last round of updates is installed, reboot the computer weather it requires a reboot or not.
Now try to do a clean install of TurboTax 2018.

I keeping error code 2329. I updated  windows 10 a couple of times, uninstall turbo tax and reinstalled. Put Turbo tax program as a administrator, still get error. It didn't appear once when I manually  downloaded, but next time I ran updates got the 2329 error.  What is the latest version, and will Turbo have a fix for this soon???

Carl
Level 15

Like I've already said, the error 2329 is an error that indicates corruption in the Windows operating system. It's not a TurboTax issue in any way, form or fashion and there's absolutely nothing anyone other than Microsoft can do to fix the problem in "their" Operating system.

At this point, I would recommend a complete wipe of the hard drive and a clean re-install of the Windows operating system. More than likely the issues you're seeing with Turbotax is just "one" of the issues you're having and it just "happens" to be with TurboTax. So it's time to quit playing games and re-install the operating system from scratch.

frustratedbud
Returning Member

Did all of this still, updates (today 1909), system scans uninstall, re-install and still get error code 2329 when Turbotax is "checking updates, VERY FRUSTRATING, not happy at all does anyone have a different approach to fixing thisd=

frustratedbud
Returning Member

that's a pretty big operation for the typical computer user....might as well throw out and get a new one GEEESH

Carl
Level 15

that's a pretty big operation for the typical computer user....might as well throw out and get a new one GEEESH

Oh I'm in total agreement. But then, as a self-employed computer consultant, so long as MS continues to put out a buggy and inferior product, I'll be able to feed my family. There's a reason that MAC techs are hard to find, but Windows techs are a dime a dozen, and it's still not enough.

I am not running windows 10 like the others. also I downloaded my program from your site. I have no disk to re-install. do not want to pay for another program. I am almost done. I hate to start over with entry. If I must pay for new program or re enter my answers. Tell me now. I will purchase HR program. stop using yours.

Carl
Level 15

Before you go biting the hand that's at least trying to help, understand that this is a public user-to-user forum. Threats carry no weight here.

I am not running windows 10 like the others

So what are you using? A MAC? If you're on WIn 7, that OS really isn't supported. I've heard a few others have it working on WIN 7 with no issues though. But since you can no longer get updates for Win 7, if you re-install Win 7 that will be a major issue.

If you paid for the download from TurboTax directly, you can download it as many times as you like. It's in your TurboTax online account and will remain there forever so long as your account keeps an "active" status. Additionally, if you downloaded the program to your computer, what you downloaded is in your download directory (unless you elected to save it somewhere else when you downloaded it). You can copy the downloaded file to external media such as a USB and use that to transfer it to another computer. Just don't try installing it directly from the external source. That won't work. You'll need to copy the install file to the desktop of the computer you want to install it on first.

At this point I can only suggest you try installing it on a Win 10 computer that has been run through the "windows update" cycle to ensure it's up-to-date first.

acamint44
Returning Member

what is the correction for error2329?

acamint44
Returning Member

what is the correction for error 2329?

frustratedbud
Returning Member

disable all your virus protection, download and then restart your virus protection, partially worked for me but I still had trouble with state, which needed a "patch"  WHAT A PAIN, you would think they would have these issues worked out before they publish

Sunbum

Will I lose my file associated with tax year2019 when I uninstall the program? I didn't have problems updating this program until I was about to file.

Ge4

already ran up date. Nothing happened. I was at the review when this error came up # 2329. I just want to print all the data i put in and not loose 3 weeks of work. the disc to begin with was faulty,and the issued me another code so I could start my taxes.It worked good until now. So how can I get all my data before going forward?

Manage cookies