Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

neilman2u

What is the $45 premium service charge for?

I purchased tt deluxe in january, and upon completing my return, I was prepared to e-file both my federal and state returns.  I declined the audit defense, but my screen captures showed that I was charged additionally $45 for 'premium service'.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

"Premium service" is an EXTRA $45 fee in CA that is added if you choose to pay your other TurboTax fees by having them deducted from your federal refund instead of by paying upfront BEFORE you file by using a credit or debit card to pay.   Are you e-filing a state return?  If so, if you pay the $25 state e-file fee from your federal refund instead of by paying using your own credit card, you are getting smacked with an extra $45 fee to allow a third party bank to receive your federal refund, take out $25 for TT, keep the $45 for itself, and send you the rest.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
neilman2u

Thank you for the explanation but this is still frustrating.

I tried to pay by credit card but their drop-down menu would not reveal the '01' month for me to select no matter what I did to get around the issue, e.g. adjust the display setting on my Windows 11 operating system. 

I should have returned this program to Costco. Unfortunately, it is already 4/15 and I didn't want to bother with an extension, since I have elderly parents to take care of.

I may be done with TT, esp. considering that they have a wealth of data on me that they sell to who knows(?)

Cannot get a live person on their chat, which seems to be replaced by an AI, and after finally getting a live person on the phone, he (London) turns out to be super-rude. I have choice words for him. This is a real scam...

4-15-24 tt prem svc

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies