• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rknewman47

What is DQD-ESPP is in box 14 of the W-2 with a number?

This could be related to the Medtronic stock inversion situation.  The number could be the amount of gain from the sale of ESPP-acquired stock. Does TT use this number in it's calculations? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomYoung
Level 13

TurboTax does nothing with that number.  Box 14 is pretty much a 'memo" field where the employer informs you about various things.

Since this is appearing on a W2 it almost certainly can be read as "Disqualify Disposition" which most likely pertains to either stock acquired via an ESPP or an ISO.  The number next to that notation would then indicate the amount of "compensation" - included in Box 1 - that was generated by the disqualifying disposition.  This compensation figure should be added to your out of pocket basis when reporting the stock sale.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kandiezmoney

On my W-2 that box was used for the amount of money that was deducted from my income on a pre tax basis. In my case, my required safety shoes that I purchased was taken out of my pay checks weekly for the amount of $10. Over the period of a year I purchased 2 pair so that was part of my amount. Another pre tax item on mine was for dental and vision insurance deducted before taxes were taken out as well. 
TomYoung
Level 13

TurboTax does nothing with that number.  Box 14 is pretty much a 'memo" field where the employer informs you about various things.

Since this is appearing on a W2 it almost certainly can be read as "Disqualify Disposition" which most likely pertains to either stock acquired via an ESPP or an ISO.  The number next to that notation would then indicate the amount of "compensation" - included in Box 1 - that was generated by the disqualifying disposition.  This compensation figure should be added to your out of pocket basis when reporting the stock sale.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v