Solved: What is DQD-ESPP is in box 14 of the W-2 with a number?

What is DQD-ESPP is in box 14 of the W-2 with a number?

This could be related to the Medtronic stock inversion situation.  The number could be the amount of gain from the sale of ESPP-acquired stock. Does TT use this number in it's calculations? 

TurboTax does nothing with that number.  Box 14 is pretty much a 'memo" field where the employer informs you about various things.

Since this is appearing on a W2 it almost certainly can be read as "Disqualify Disposition" which most likely pertains to either stock acquired via an ESPP or an ISO.  The number next to that notation would then indicate the amount of "compensation" - included in Box 1 - that was generated by the disqualifying disposition.  This compensation figure should be added to your out of pocket basis when reporting the stock sale.

Tom Young

On my W-2 that box was used for the amount of money that was deducted from my income on a pre tax basis. In my case, my required safety shoes that I purchased was taken out of my pay checks weekly for the amount of $10. Over the period of a year I purchased 2 pair so that was part of my amount. Another pre tax item on mine was for dental and vision insurance deducted before taxes were taken out as well. 

Tom Young