pattersont33k

What if im having a hardship while waiting for my tax return? How can Turbo Tax help me?

I was waiting on tax refund to pay my bills, it' late and now I'm facing eviction. I use turbo tax every year and claim the same dependents every year. Is there a turbo tax advocate that can help me get it faster?

AndreaC1

You can reach out to Taxpayer Advocate Services to get help. They are generally really good about helping those in need of their refunds sooner. You can go to this website to locate a Taxpayer Advocate in your area http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Taxpayer Advocate Service can help if you can't resolve your problem with the IRS and:
  • Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
  • You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
  • You've tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn't responded by the date promised.
Each state has at least one Local Taxpayer Advocate who is independent of the local IRS office and reports directly to the National Taxpayer Advocate. Select your state on the map at the website link above to find the phone number and address of the Taxpayer Advocate Service office nearest you. You can also call this toll-free number to find out if TAS can help you: 1-877-777-4778.

AndreaC1