Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What file extension does turbo tax save under? Need to search through a file recovery batch that does not keep title of files intact but keeps file extension

Example = MS Word saves as .doc  What does Turbo Tax save as?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jasonmet

What file extension does turbo tax save under? Need to search through a file recovery batch that does not keep title of files intact but keeps file extension

.tax[Year of filing]
For example, a 2018 file would be called Tax Return.tax2018

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jasonmet

.tax[Year of filing]
For example, a 2018 file would be called Tax Return.tax2018

Nothing like a little help from your friends, thanks for your time & info

WHAT IS THE FILE EXTENSION IN TT PREMIER IN 2020 SO I CAN FIND THE TAX RETURN ON MY MAC RUNNING CATALINA OS TO IMPORT INTO MY NEW 2021 TAX FILING? TKS

@befoundbyme wrote:

WHAT IS THE FILE EXTENSION IN TT PREMIER IN 2020 SO I CAN FIND THE TAX RETURN ON MY MAC RUNNING CATALINA OS TO IMPORT INTO MY NEW 2021 TAX FILING? TKS

The tax data file extension for tax year 2020 is .tax2020

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies