Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

I don't see why Intuit needs to get into my Keychain "to use your confidential
information stored in "Intuit ID" ". This was not required last year.

Intuit needs to fix it's code.

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

Worked. Thanks.

79AG
Level 2

Called Turbotax support and got some guy in some other country (I think) that I couldn't understand.   Could barely hear him because of the bad connection and noise in the background. 

My situation is also exactly as you say.  Here is last year's File menu.TurboTax2021-FileMenu.SCREEN.jpg

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Do you have any antivirus running such as Norton or Bitdefender on your computer? @BillyBuggy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes trying to get a resolution for this with TT Customer Support. I will not provide Turbotax with access to my confidential information. They made it seem like I was the only one with this problem. 

If this isn't illegal, it's certainly unethical. I'm going to contact the Office of the Attorney General if I don't get assistance. 

I followed what user mindiw suggestec and after 2 restarts it worked. What a pain. Its only Mac Turbo Tax software that I have ever had a problem.

I don't want TT to access my keychain. If it needs a particular password, I'm happy to provide it by typing it in.

Some one said its your MAC log on password.  WRONG.. As all of us using apple PCs know when ever you boot up it asks for your Apple passwords.  So there is no way you would not know this as apple forces all cold boot to be your Apple ID password.  It is NOT.  This didn't work.  Now I am being blocked from doing a simple FILE SAVE for my tax return.  Anyone figure out what Turbo Tax is trying to do?

I don't have bitdefender. I have pure apple only on my laptop and as we all know all apple PC users have to input their logon credential every cold boot. This is NOT the password as someone indicated Turbo Tax wants.  I also will be dammed to give Turbo Tax access to my entire Keychain as it wants access to it by the sound of pop up.  All prior years this has never been asked.   I should be allowed to save this to my hard drive or cloud without Turbo Tax blocking me.  I agree with you completely.

ANSWER.  This IS a turbo tax glitch.  YES -- BUT!!!!  it wants your MAC logon password the one you boot up with, BUT!!!!!!!  Turbo Tax has a bug in the software, you cannot click on ALLOW, you MUST CLICK ALWAYS ALLOW to be allowed to save.  Personally I don't like Turbo Tax wanting access to my keychain or anyone for that matter.   This seems like a major software security violation. 

That is true, but Turbo Tax has a software bug and it won't allow the user to just click ALLOW ONCE, Turbo Tax is FORCING "ALLOW ALWAYS" as the only answer that works --  or you will be unable to save your file.  No other software on my MAC - MS Office etc forces keychain access.  That certainly seems like a security concern.

It’s not an Apple problem.   Apple users used to be able to do File Save or File Save As. Turbo tax has a glitch requiring us to input our computer logon password, but when one clicks ALLOW, Turbo Tax Ab-ends. It just sits and stares at the user like our password is incorrect. WRONG!  Apple users know their password as we HAVE to use it every time we reboot so when an Apple user says they typed it in they mean it. Turbo Tax will only accept ALLOW ALWAYS to take that exact same password; then it finally allows the Apple user to save the tax file. Prior to this File Save is blocked by turbo tax. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There is a great thread here to assist with this issue. 

Please let us know if we can further assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

login keychain password

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies