Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

luv11909

What documents do I need to mail in after I e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LaurenW

Hi luv11909,

If you have successfully submitted your return by e-filing (and made a payment by direct debit if you had one), and the IRS has accepted your returns, you do not need to mail in anything.  Unless you owe money to the IRS and you've chosen to mail in your payment, you should be all set! 

However, if you are mailing in your payment, you need to print out a 1040-V. You can follow these instructions: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301385

View solution in original post

9 Replies
fabbrinij

my e filed taxes were accepted on oct 13th. but i have paid yet, what do i need to send in the mail?
fabbrinij

haven't*
fabbrinij

do i need to mail my a copy returns w/ the voucher and the check?

You are posting to a year old thread--not the best way to get a response.  If you e-filed your return and it was accepted, you do not have to mail in your return.  But if you owe, you do have to PAY.  You can mail in the 1040V with a check or money order or you can pay directly on the IRS site:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay">https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay</a>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LaurenW

Hi luv11909,

If you have successfully submitted your return by e-filing (and made a payment by direct debit if you had one), and the IRS has accepted your returns, you do not need to mail in anything.  Unless you owe money to the IRS and you've chosen to mail in your payment, you should be all set! 

However, if you are mailing in your payment, you need to print out a 1040-V. You can follow these instructions: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301385

pbmeyer

That's not what your s/w says.  After providing my bank information for payment, TurboTax also requires that I mail in the e_File instructions page.  Additionally it doesn't provide a mailing address.  The IRS site does not mention any requirements for this page or additional mailing.  For once the govt makes sense.  Please explain or update this bug.
d1cd1c

I struggled with this same question today. I read and reread my form EF. I finally had to conclude, the turbo tax generated filing instructions say, "Sign and date your form EF within one day of acceptance" and nothing more. Like you said, the form OR EF, says not to mail the form, so I guess we're signing it for our own edification and then filling it with the rest of our records. 

I did this and for the state, but says I need to also mail in state coupon saying I still owe bucks? 

Roger9111

I think the answer is WRONG.  For example if you are getting credit for tax paid in one state for another state you MUST attach a copy of the return from the state giving the credit.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies