turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jazzrach

I had short-term health insurance for 1 month, otherwise I have a 1095-c for the rest of the year. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
HelenaC

I had short-term health insurance for 1 month, otherwise I have a 1095-c for the rest of the year. What do I do?

Short Term health insurance is not considered minimum essential coverage under the ACA however if you’re uncovered only 1 or 2 months, you don’t have to pay the fee for any month. See HealthCare.gov

Here's how you would enter that you had short-term health insurance for one month and 1095-C Employer-Provided Health Insurance for 11 months:

1. Under the Health Insurance tab:
  2. On the Did you have health insurance coverage in 2018? screen, answer I'll pick which months.
  3. On the Select the months you had health insurance in 2018 screen, check mark the months you had employer provided health insurance only and Continue til the end.

Related information:

jazzrach

I didn’t see this until after I submitted. Will it all work out?
HelenaC

What do you mean by submitted, E-filed?
jazzrach

Yes, I have e-filed
HelenaC

Did you answer that you had health insurance coverage all year? Since the fact that you did not have ACA compliant insurance for 1 month did not affect your bottom line, you won't need to amend. It should be ok.
jazzrach

Yes I did. That's a huge relief, thank you so much!
HelenaC

You're very welcome. Thank you for using TurboTax. We really appreciate it! Have a great year.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies