Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I select for type of government payment for unemployment if none of the 4 options are correct??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What do I select for type of government payment for unemployment if none of the 4 options are correct??

To enter unemployment compensation

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Under Unemployment
On Unemployment and Paid Family Leave, click the start or update button

Or enter unemployment in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to unemployment

I have entered all the unemployment information. In a future screen it asks me the type of government payment for the unemployment and none of the 4 options are correct. I even deleted the unemployment info and re-entered it to make sure it is in the right place. And still this question populates that does not apply. (i.e. it's not a farm tax refund or federal disaster payment etc.)

@belgirasole Somehow it sounds like you chose the wrong place to enter a 1099G.  There are a couple of places---and you have to choose the right one.  The questions you are getting sound like you went to the wrong one.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you for the response. I read that in another thread so I already deleted the entry and re entered all the unemployment in the right place exactly as you detail. I still get this odd question. It seems like it is pushing me to pay for help when it should be straight forward.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies