hblester

What do I need to do when filing my 2020 taxes to ensure I receive my stimulus payments? I never received a stimulus payment in 2020 despite being eligible for them.

Intuit Approved!

You will asked about any stimulus payment received or not received in 2020 after completing the Other Tax Situations section of the TurboTax program.

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

Intuit Approved!

hblester

Thanks for the information. When you say “it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.” do you mean that I will have to enter it on that form when I file with turbo tax? Or do you mean that it will be automatically entered by Turbo Tax when I file if they assess me as eligible?

@hblester wrote:

It will be entered by the TurboTax program.  You only have to answer the questions about receiving or not receiving a 2020 stimulus payment.