Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hblester

What do I need to do when filing my 2020 taxes to ensure I receive my stimulus payments? I never received a stimulus payment in 2020 despite being eligible for them.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DoninGA
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

What do I need to do when filing my 2020 taxes to ensure I receive my stimulus payments? I never received a stimulus payment in 2020 despite being eligible for them.

You will asked about any stimulus payment received or not received in 2020 after completing the Other Tax Situations section of the TurboTax program.

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

You will asked about any stimulus payment received or not received in 2020 after completing the Other Tax Situations section of the TurboTax program.

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

hblester

Thanks for the information. When you say “it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.” do you mean that I will have to enter it on that form when I file with turbo tax? Or do you mean that it will be automatically entered by Turbo Tax when I file if they assess me as eligible?

@hblester wrote:

Thanks for the information. When you say “it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.” do you mean that I will have to enter it on that form when I file with turbo tax? Or do you mean that it will be automatically entered by Turbo Tax when I file if they assess me as eligible?

It will be entered by the TurboTax program.  You only have to answer the questions about receiving or not receiving a 2020 stimulus payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies