What do I do if the system wont allow to register my account through charles schwab?

patg2081

LukeG

Apologize for your difficulties. It could be a security preferences issue from your Charles Schwab account. Try logging into your Charles Schwab account and go to your security preferences and/or options. Make sure to enable the third party applications option.

Once this is complete follow these instructions:

You can securely import your 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your broker or financial institution participates in our TurboTax Partner program.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to the section for your specific 1099 form. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.
  2. Click  and search for your 1099 form — for example, search for 1099-B.
  3. Click the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. Follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your form.

Tip: Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.