Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lh01168

What do I do if my state is not listed as a choice to chose from on the app when filing my state taxes?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

What do I do if my state is not listed as a choice to chose from on the app when filing my state taxes?

We do not which form you are referring to or which lines or boxes you are referring to, but several forms like the W-2, 1099-G and others have boxes in which you enter your state code, perhaps your state wages or filer ID number, and state tax withholding.

A number of states like Texas, Nevada, and Washington do not have a state income tax, so it doesn't make sense to have the state code in those cases.

However, the software that prints these forms often prints the state code anyway even if the other boxes don't apply. 

If there is no state withholding on your form, then you can delete the state code that goes with it.

Let me know if this does not describe your situation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That may mean means your state does not have a state income tax.  Which state?

Also be careful.  For example: Arizona is AZ, not AR.   Connecticut is CT, not CO.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies