What can I do? 2022 taxes are being held due to prev employer not reporting to irs or ss, irs said I don’t need to do nothing but there’s no upset whatsoever.

I did try reaching out to the employer but they said the did report irs is saying other wise.
Carl

The IRS is handling it with the employer. All you can do is wait. The one positive thing is that any refund you are due starts earning interest after June 15th.

Did the IRS ask you for a copy of the W2?  Maybe your ssn is wrong on something.  I would check your ssn with the employer and W2 and on your tax return.  

There is nothing you can do until the IRS, SSA and the employer have worked out whatever the issue was... a common issue is the employer mailed in the forms and the input operator at the SSA office did not enter it correctly ... eventually things will work themselves out.