Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What are my options if I still don’t have a W2 from a secondary employer? I have called multiple times and they keep saying they’ve sent it (since end of February).

What if I don’t have w2
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

What are my options if I still don’t have a W2 from a secondary employer? I have called multiple times and they keep saying they’ve sent it (since end of February).

If your employer will not issues the correct W-2 you can follow the steps here to get a corrected form or file a return with correct information. 

Since it is late in tax season, you will need to file form 4582 which means you will need to print and mail your return.  Overall, it is best to get your employer to fix their mistake.  Or you can click here to file an extension.  Remember an extension is just for extra time to file, not extra time to pay.  If you are going to owe anything, you will still need to pay by April 15th. 

You can pay directly via the IRS website which is the recommended way or you can pay by check.  Be sure to include your SSN on your check and the tax year. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies