Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What am I suppose to do if the captcha doesn’t appear when I’m trying to transmit my return

Same issue here.  Tried all the browsers, TurboTax APP and "fixes".  They have my money but I cannot file.

HHOMBURG
Returning Member

What am I suppose to do if the captcha doesn’t appear when I’m trying to transmit my return

Also just got it to finally work on Edge - not a browser I ever use or would ever use again. Ridiculous that it costs so much to use their program and you can only use it properly on the world's most obscure browser. Considering this post was originally from 2019, this appears to be an issue every year too...

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If the Captcha is not working right or has missing elements, try these things.

NOTE: Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers? If so, that may be blocking the Captcha. Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:

First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything. If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.

Close the browser and reopen it. Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the Captcha will appear.

Log in and try again. If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").

Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again. Or see if trying a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just tried it on Safari and it worked! Hopefully it'll work for you guys now. That sure was frustrating

It just worked for me on iPhone browser as well. Note that, for this browser, it did not work this morning. On my computer browsers (edge and chrome), the captcha didn’t work, even after I tried all of the recommended steps twice over. When I saw the previous comment about recaptcha working on Safari, I tried it, without completing any of the Intuit-recommended steps. That leads me to believe Intuit fixed the problem on their end. Good luck getting it to work, everyone.

Yes, it suddenly worked from my Chrome browser without my having to do anything more than what I already did previously (and it still did not work at that point). That indicates to me that there was an issue on the TurboTax site that has been resolved. Thanks to everyone that reported the same issue!

No one is forcing  you to use the service.   You could go to the library and get the forms to fill out for free.  That's sounds fun.   Or go pay an accountant $500 that would be groovy.   Or say thanks to turbo tax that  you can get your taxes done for 150 bucks.   You do realize that Turbo Tax, an American owned and operated company who employs absolutely no one outside of the United States  is currently paying close to a quarter of million people right now, right?    We can't bemoan jobs going to China, become horrified at their low pay and poor working conditions  and then when we keep jobs here complain about the price.

jcouch1

Microsoft Edge resolved this issue for me.  Thanks to the other users for posting this fix. ;))

plopera89

Mine finally worked on safari and Microsoft edge, how? Not completely sure, but I got back on safari and downloaded Microsoft edge, logged out of turbotax and tried it again. Took half the day but it finally worked. 

More than a year later and this problem still hasn't been resolved.  What is the point of having a Quickbooks subscription?  Help desk told me to complete the accounting the old fashioned way ie don't use their software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies