turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased a copy of Turbotax 2017 from ebay. The seller gave me a link to an ISO file to download. How can I determine if it is a legal licensed copy?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
maglib
Level 11

I purchased a copy of Turbotax 2017 from ebay. The seller gave me a link to an ISO file to download. How can I determine if it is a legal licensed copy?

I'm so sorry, you should have posted prior to purchase. Ebay sellers are not authorized resellers.  Please purchase TurboTax from our website, Costco, Office Max, Staples, Sams Club, Target, Walmart, Best Buy.  For online computer sellers, I think NewEgg and OWC, sold and fulfilled by Amazon only (not the other 3rd party) are authorized.

There is a strong potential for malware and/or identity theft when purchasing from unauthorized resellers.

You can send a copy of the download link please?

I will notify the TT team.

I'm not a employee.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.

You want me to share a copy of the download link with you so you can report it, despite the fact that you aren't an Intuit employee? Right.
maglib
Level 11

No so the Moderators who I have a special site to contact will be able to see it.  But, they can ask. I already posted this link to them. I volunteer (note superuser reference).  No problem if you do not want to post it.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
BoR

Hi Taxpayer David, I am a moderator for AnswerXchange. Can you provide me the link for this download so I can send it to our investigation team?

Thanks, @maglib for bringing this to our attention!
maglib
Level 11

@Taxpayer David   fixing your link @TurboTaxBo

What about this link for TurboTax 2018. $18 instead of $49.99? <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://onlinetaxshop.com/product/turbotax-2018-deluxe-fed-efile-state-for-windows-mac-osx-download/...>
maglib
Level 11

I posted to moderators but, I would never trust any sites other than well known trusted brands.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies