Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What 1040 form will TurboTax Deluxe 2017 process?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax  Deluxe 2017 can prepare a Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.   It cannot prepare a non-resident return (Form 1040NR).    TurboTax will decide which of the 1040 Forms to prepare depending on the particular items in your return.

In the desktop version (CD/download), it is possible to force TurboTax to prepare a Form 1040, even if you qualify to use 1040A or 1040EZ.

Online Deluxe and desktop Deluxe (CD/download) differ in their capabilities.  Online Deluxe has some form limitations that desktop Deluxe does not have.  Online editions do not have Forms Mode for actual viewing/editing of forms during preparation.

Online Deluxe cannot prepare a Schedule D, E, F, C (with expenses), or enter a K-1.   Desktop Deluxe (CD/download) can handle all those forms.

In Online Deluxe, a state return has an extra preparation fee.   Desktop Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that is Federal-only, and one that is a combo Federal and State.   If purchased directly from TurboTax, desktop Deluxe is the combo version with Fed and State.  If purchased elsewhere, one has to be careful which version of Deluxe you are buying.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

TurboTax  Deluxe 2017 can prepare a Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.   It cannot prepare a non-resident return (Form 1040NR).    TurboTax will decide which of the 1040 Forms to prepare depending on the particular items in your return.

In the desktop version (CD/download), it is possible to force TurboTax to prepare a Form 1040, even if you qualify to use 1040A or 1040EZ.

Online Deluxe and desktop Deluxe (CD/download) differ in their capabilities.  Online Deluxe has some form limitations that desktop Deluxe does not have.  Online editions do not have Forms Mode for actual viewing/editing of forms during preparation.

Online Deluxe cannot prepare a Schedule D, E, F, C (with expenses), or enter a K-1.   Desktop Deluxe (CD/download) can handle all those forms.

In Online Deluxe, a state return has an extra preparation fee.   Desktop Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that is Federal-only, and one that is a combo Federal and State.   If purchased directly from TurboTax, desktop Deluxe is the combo version with Fed and State.  If purchased elsewhere, one has to be careful which version of Deluxe you are buying.

@yelnatsnomolos
I added this above:

I can't print state Illinos tax return

@pengineerw10
 This is an already-answered thread from last year on a completely different subject, not even close to an Illinois state issue. It won't be seen by the bulk of the forum.  Normally people should start their own new thread on their topic so it will show up as needing help.   I'll try to see if I can get someone familiar with that known issue to assist you.

There is a FAQ on that issue, but I'm not sure if the fix working or not.  I see it has been revised recently, so perhaps it is.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4583658-why-can-t-i-print-my-il-state-return">https://ttlc.intuit....>

I think others have had to delete some specific old program files.  I'll try to see if I can get someone familiar with that known issue to assist you.

SteamTrain
Are you able to provide the latest info on this?  I see the Illinois printing FAQ has been revised with a new Fix-it link.  Do you know if this one is working, or can further advise this user?  Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies