Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SE tax on income of $1868 should be $263. Why did my return go down by $906 after entering the required info from the 1099-misc I received from the payer?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

SE tax on income of $1868 should be $263. Why did my return go down by $906 after entering the required info from the 1099-misc I received from the payer?

Well it would also be subject to income tax not just self-employment tax.  Self-employment tax is only medicare  and social security.  I have no way of knowing what tax bracket you are in.  But look at that bit of information.  If you are in the upper tax brackets, they are over 33%.   Second,  when your income increased, it could have decreased some of your credits.  Again there are a lot of factors which could cause a change like that. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Well it would also be subject to income tax not just self-employment tax.  Self-employment tax is only medicare  and social security.  I have no way of knowing what tax bracket you are in.  But look at that bit of information.  If you are in the upper tax brackets, they are over 33%.   Second,  when your income increased, it could have decreased some of your credits.  Again there are a lot of factors which could cause a change like that. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies