Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I get a reply about directly depositing it in my mother's account with regions bank as I put down when payed?

When will I know your direct depositing into my mother's account as I stated when I paid?  Thank you
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When I get a reply about directly depositing it in my mother's account with regions bank as I put down when payed?

Well, if you filed a tax return and requested direct deposit from the IRS, you won't get any more confirmation from Turbotax.  

The first step is that your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS, and you will get notice from turbotax about that.  If it is accepted, you won't get any further notice from turbotax.  You can use the IRS "where's my refund" web site to check your refund status, but your return won't be listed until at least 48 hours after your return is accepted.  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

However, your mother's bank account may reject a direct deposit for someone who is not one of the account holders.  If the bank rejects the deposit, the IRS will mail a check but that take an extra 4 weeks.  You may want to have your mother ask the bank about their direct deposit rules.

Well what about this. My exwife offerd to do my taxes she had done for last 8yrs I thought nothing of it she kept me informed and said she had it DD into my bank account,we have always had separate accounts she actually sent the DD to her account AND REGIONS BANK OF WINDER,GA DEPOSITED IN HER ACCOUNT IT WAS IN ONLY MY NAME HER NAME IS DIFFERENT!THEY SAID OH WELL NOTHING WE CAN DO, PLEASE any advice or help would be great my boys and i are going to be homeless becouse i can get any help she even gotthe stimulus check IRS SENT IT TO SAME DD AS ON TAX RETURN!THIS IS WRONG IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME,CHARLES  ([email address removed] 

You will have to file a police report. You can accuse your ex of theft by deception.  As far as the IRS is concerned, you signed the tax return (or at least you signed it electronically or you authorized your ex to sign for you), and the refund was deposited exactly where your signed tax return requested.

You may also be able to file a report with your state banking commission. The bank probably should not have accepted a deposit in someone else’s name. But the IRS did exactly what you told them to do

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies