Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

'We won't be able to E-File your return due to 'You have Form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing.

TT shows this E-File error (on the desktop Mac version): "You have Form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing."

I am Self-employed, and I have insurance directly from an insurer, not any Market Place.  I did not enter any 1095-A info, and was not prompted to using the Easy Form guide.

So, I poked around the 'forms' and noticed something on Form 1095-A, where it says: 'Check if no marketplace health insurance was purchased'...the box was unchecked, and my name and address was auto filled on the form...so I checked the box, and my name and address vanished (as I would expect, given I do not have a 1095-A, because my insurance is not with any Market Place!

I then scrolled down 1095-A to a section labeled: 'Buisness related Premiums information smart worksheet', followed the instructions and used the 'link field' and 'Activity Type' to my associated Buisness and 'Schedule C' as instructed on the form.

Then directly below that is a field to enter 'Months of related activity' Start month' & 'End month', and I entered '01' & '12' respectively. 

I then saw a red ! in the left column showing all the forms next to 'Form 1965-A (Untitled)'

Then when running 'Check for Errors', TT says I need to fix FORM 1095-A (which I don't have because I don't have Market Place Insurance), and got this prompt

TT Mrket place.png

Then, I checked Form 7206, and it looked correct.

Seems to be a glitch where the software used both 'Market Place' & 'Self-employed' forms, as best I can tell??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

50 Replies

'We won't be able to E-File your return due to 'You have Form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing.

Oh my! You went down the 1095-A rabbit hole. Delete that form. Stay away from it. Enter your insurance premiums in the step by step under business expenses-Insurance payments (Health). That said, TurboTax has had a problem filling 7206 which was supposed to be resolved February 8. Wait a few days and try again. 

ee-ea
Level 15

An employees post

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

Thank you for starting this Question\thread; appears they are now working on resolving problem with 7206

Has TT provided an on the 7206 fix?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

We are working on it - please sign up using this link to be notified of the progress.  @Steve Miller2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I signed up on the related FAQ to get an email when it's fixed; no updates as of Tuesday 2/13 -6PM .

UPDATE: a user posted in this thread on Feb 15th AM that it's working for them now; so could be worth trying now.

Is Intuit fixing the Apple desktop version to submit form 7206 electronically?

@srswirsky wrote:

Is Intuit fixing the Apple desktop version to submit form 7206 electronically?

Have you signed up to be notified when this problem has been resolved?  When resolved it will be fixed across all TurboTax platforms.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/insurance-medical-benefits/form-7206-add...

Yes, thank you

That's the exact same problem I'm having. And I believe you're correct that the "Unable to e-file" error is due to the 1095-A error. I've had my taxes ready to submit since 1/28/24 and I'm still waiting for TurboTax to get its act together so I can submit. The irony is that TurboTax sponsored a contest for "early filers" (which I entered because I thought I was going to be able to submit my taxes on the first possible allowed day) and here I am, still waiting on 2/14! I've been using TT for 10 years and I.am.not.happy with them AT ALL.

ee-ea
Level 15

@tintable 

A TT employee's post

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

I've already signed up, back in early February. I'm still waiting to file!!

Many of us have signed up for updates and are not getting any.  I have the desktop version.  I’ve done all the updates and suggestions with no result.  When will this issue be fixed?   I don’t want to have to pay another fee to file online.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies