martin8276

We received form 1095A how do I get it into my taxes inclued in turbo tax sofeware?

RayW7

If you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace, you should receive your 1095-A by mid-February.

Your 1095-A should include info for everybody on your return who was enrolled in a Marketplace plan, and is required to calculate the Premium Tax Credit.

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Search for 1095-A and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen and Continue.
  4. Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue. We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return.

If you have Form 8962 and a 1095-A, and aren't sure what to do with them, go here for info on how to file them with your return.

Insurance companies participating in health care exchanges should provide you with the 1095-A form, a health insurance marketplace statement. This form includes:

• Your name
  • The amount of coverage you have
  • Any tax credits you were entitled to
  • If you used them to pay for your health insurance and the amount you paid for coverage

You use this information to complete your income tax filing, adjust any tax credit payments and claim any premium tax credits that may be due.

atacrew

Do I have to pay taxes on form 1095a line C tax credit?

ThomasM125

You may have to pay back some of the premium tax credit reported on your form 1095-A.

The tax credit reported on form 1095-A is the discount you get on your health insurance premiums. It is calculated based on your income reported on your tax return from the previous year.

When you complete your return for the current year and enter your form 1095-A, the credit you are entitled to will be calculated and the difference between what you received as a credit and the amount you were entitled to will either be added or subtracted from your tax on your current year tax return.

So, you may have to pay some of it back, or you may get some of it paid back to you.