vgranados-92

We are married but separate. My wife qualifies for head of house hold, we have 2 kids. Am I filing married seprate or singel?

My wife has more income and pays for the cost of the apartment. The kids live with her. I don't mind her claiming both kids. Or we can each claim one child? What would my filing status be? 

rjs

You have to file as married filing separately. You cannot file as single if you are married.

Since the children live with your wife, you can only claim one of the children if she gives you a signed Form 8332 releasing the exemption for the child to you.

rjs