Do you want to DELETE your state return, or just SKIP it for filing later? The instructions below will tell you how to delete a state return.
If you choose to SKIP the state return, you can do that, too. Just know that you won't be allowed to e-file that state return until after your federal return has been accepted by the IRS. Instructions for skipping the state return follow.
*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.
Are you able to do the following?
- Down the left side the screen, click on State.
- In the center of the screen, click on Your State Returns
- Under Status of your state returns, are you able to see the state tax returns?
- You should be able to click Edit to enter the state tax return, or
- Click Delete to delete the state tax return and start over.
If you do not see the option to delete your state tax return, you have already paid for the tax return or registered your free version while the state was on your tax return. If you have done either of these things, you will not be able to delete your state tax return.
You may skip filing your state tax return. See this TurboTax Help.
See also this TurboTax Help.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"