Wanting to know what I would put in for a 1099-r F...

stevens73

Wanting to know what I would put in for a 1099-r Form If I did a Backdoor Roth IRA conversion in 2020

I think I just need to remove my 1099-r Form on Turbotax for this year I think. I know I might need to fill it out next year. I added all the money and moved all in 2020 for 2019. I know I do need the 8606 filled out and got that one done. When I was looking at the program on how to do all of this it did say something about the 1099-r form. Only I think that it is when everything was done in 2019. SO I just want to be 100% on this before I move on and remove that form. I did not get one for my account and did not see it online. 

I was also wondering do I have to fill it out and try to figure out if I had any gains to fill it out.

I did ask about the 8606 form only, I never heard about the 1099-R to be sure about it.

Thanks so much

macuser_22

Just delete the unneeded 1099-R.

stevens73

Ty, I was thinking that is what I needed to do. I think the only reason it showed up in the first place was I was looking for it when the help area had stated it. I really did not say if it was for 2019 or for 2020. Ty