DillonJTucker

W4

Okay so I have a question about what I should do if my employer screwed up on my W-4 for 2019. I had entered in zero when claiming dependents and put down that I wanted an extra $10 withheld from each paycheck. Come this tax season when I got my W2 it showed that I only had $100 in federal taxes taken out, I didn't think anything of it until I went to file my return. After completing the return using TurboTax the app told me that I owed almost $500 this is where I started to notice things were wrong can anyone please help with information on what I should do to fix this

ColeenD3

W4

There is nothing you can do for 2019. You can't go back and change the amount of withholding that was done in the past. You can only make sure that going forward, it does not happen again. You can also get on an Installment Agreement if you can't pay it by July 15.

@DillonJTucker