kim56345

W4 tax question regarding which address to use, Florida or Ohio?

My main/only home is in FL but I got a job in Ohio for eight months and staying with family in Ohio.  What address should I use for my W4 form? I will be spending the other three months in Fl during the months not working. Am I still a Florida resident? Or should I use the mailbox that I setup in Ohio?

DDollar

You are still a Florida resident, but you will have to pay Ohio state income tax on the money you earn in Ohio.  You will have to file a Ohio non-resident tax return.  Make sure your employer withholds Ohio state income tax from your pay.  It doesn't really matter what address you use on your W-4.  

DDollar