Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

frosti77

W2 Box 14 Code is K and V so do I enter insurance premiums

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

No. You do not need to enter the information in the program from box 14.  You can ignore any Box 14 codes that don't appear in the drop-down. If none of the categories apply, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Other–not on above list

Per IRS, the information that your employer lists in Box 14 of your W-2 does not usually affect your income tax return. In fact, for many Box 14 entries, the IRS does not even provide a place for it to get reported on your return forms. They are reported to you in Box 14 simply for informational purposes.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301932

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

No. You do not need to enter the information in the program from box 14.  You can ignore any Box 14 codes that don't appear in the drop-down. If none of the categories apply, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Other–not on above list

Per IRS, the information that your employer lists in Box 14 of your W-2 does not usually affect your income tax return. In fact, for many Box 14 entries, the IRS does not even provide a place for it to get reported on your return forms. They are reported to you in Box 14 simply for informational purposes.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301932

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies