turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EJ1202

W-4 Witholdings : My wife and I both have full time jobs. I just picked up a part time job. We have 1 child. How do I fill out my W-4 Withholding Certificate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

W-4 Witholdings : My wife and I both have full time jobs. I just picked up a part time job. We have 1 child. How do I fill out my W-4 Withholding Certificate?

You can use the Tax Withholding Estimator on the IRS web site to figure out what you should each put on the W-4 forms that you give to your employers. It will let you adjust your withholding to get the approximate refund amount that you want.

Tax Withholding Estimator

The W-4 form is 4 pages with instructions and worksheets, not just the front page you turn in to your employer.  You will need to analyze your situation and then probably turn in new W-4 forms to all three jobs (especially if you have not used the new form at your other jobs yet.)

Either use the worksheets and instructions on all pages of the W-4 to account for your 3 jobs, your deductions, and any dependents; or use the IRS withholding calculator as mentioned in the other answer.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies