Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Verifying foreign phone number

I am a US citizen living abroad. I had done my taxes 2 years ago with turbotax and was able to e-file it .. Now I logged back in to do my 2021 taxes... 

2 years ago I had entered my foreign phone number to your system which is still the same... (not on to my taxes because IRS doesn't accept foreign phone numbers - which is not fair, considering US citizens in foreign countries are also responsible for taxes)

Now after logging into my dashboard, under sign in and security screen I saw a "verify phone number" option which has my foreign phone correctly shown (with the +country code and then phone number format). So I went ahead to verify it. I tried both text message and phone call. But I received none. I do not remember verifying a phone number 2 years ago but I was still able to file taxes with your system. Now what? Will I not be able to do and file my taxes? I have a US phone too but that is only a voice mail.

I didn't even start to do my taxes yet I was going through the dashboard after logging in.

And also I didn't see anywhere where to start doing our taxes. Do I need to purchase the product first and then start to do taxes? (assuming I will be able to file with you per my question above)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Your Intuit Account Info won't affect you being able to use TurboTax.

I tried what you did and did not get a text or email either!  Since you weren't trying to change your phone number, don't worry about it. 

Yes, go to 'turbotax login' in your browser and use the same User ID and Password as last year.

You should start off in the same product you used last year, or you may get questions to recommend a product.

TurboTax should ask you to verify your Name/Address/Email/Phone again before you Efile.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry, I don't understand, you say don't worry about it but in your last sentence you said Turboax will again ask for phone verification before I efile, which is something I cannot do with my foreign phone as I indicated above

Kreeves22

Did you find a resolution for this? I’m encountering the same problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies