Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Validating the Spousal Prior Year AGI figure that TT reports to the IRS

I've been trying for 2 days to resolve the IND-032-004 error I keep getting.  I'm now going to try inputting $0 for my spouse's prior year AGI in the "Fix Now" screen.  Where can I see that TT reported this $0 figure when submitting the return to the IRS?  I'd like to validate exactly what information TT includes in the Report Header that it submits.   

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

If you filed jointly then the AGI for both spouses is the same.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks, but that's not the question I asked. 

You cannot "see" what was submitted since it is encrypted - only the IRS can read it.   They send what you entered.   I was asking if you entered the right AGI.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks, that's what I suspected -- there's no way for us to see the information that TurboTax is reporting to the IRS in the Report Header.   In light of the massive problems people are having with prior year AGIs and PINs, doesn't that strike you as . . .  odd?  We're being told by the IRS that certain AGI or PIN info in our TurboTax Report Header doesn't match the AGI/PIN info in the IRS's database, yet we're not even able to see the Report Header to confirm that it's accurate?  You say that "they send what you entered," and that's probably true, but it would be nice to be able to confirm that with our own eyes.   I've seen too many things that people swear are true turn out to be mistaken to blindly accept a system output that can't be validated.  

@MoGuy wrote:

Thanks, that's what I suspected -- there's no way for us to see the information that TurboTax is reporting to the IRS in the Report Header.   In light of the massive problems people are having with prior year AGIs and PINs, doesn't that strike you as . . .  odd?  We're being told by the IRS that certain AGI or PIN info in our TurboTax Report Header doesn't match the AGI/PIN info in the IRS's database, yet we're not even able to see the Report Header to confirm that it's accurate?  You say that "they send what you entered," and that's probably true, but it would be nice to be able to confirm that with our own eyes.   I've seen too many things that people swear are true turn out to be mistaken to blindly accept a system output that can't be validated.  

I'm not really sure just what you really want to see.    You certainly can see the tax return and what you entered. That is what is transmitted to the IRS.    If you want to see the actual binary data that is transmitted on your internet connection then it is not in human readable form and requires a protocol analyzer to see but it is not readable text just as what I an typing not when I send it is just data bits sent in internet protocol in https format that is not readable which is what makes it secure.   It is encryped so that it cannot be intercepted - that is what makes it secure.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies