Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Using Turbo Tax Premier CD, I want to do taxes for my mom and myself. I think I can e-file both returns for free. How much does it cost to e-file our CA state returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using Turbo Tax Premier CD, I want to do taxes for my mom and myself. I think I can e-file both returns for free. How much does it cost to e-file our CA state returns?

Using the TurboTax desktop editions there are 5 free e-files for a federal tax return included with program.  To e-file a state tax return there is an e-file charge of either $19.99 or $24.99 depending on when the state tax return is e-filed during the year.  You can avoid this e-file charge be printing and mailing the state tax return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Using the TurboTax desktop editions there are 5 free e-files for a federal tax return included with program.  To e-file a state tax return there is an e-file charge of either $19.99 or $24.99 depending on when the state tax return is e-filed during the year.  You can avoid this e-file charge be printing and mailing the state tax return.

So, just to clarify, I could buy the CD at Costco and do both tax returns with no additional charge and mailing in both State tax returns.  Or buy the disk and pay 19.99 or 24.99 each for my mom and I to e-file?  It does allow multiple federal returns and state returns, too, it's just each state return requires the fee unless mailed?

You are correct.  You can do both federal returns at no charge.  You can create and complete as many federal and state tax returns as you need.  And to avoid the state e-file fees for each state tax return you can print the state returns for mailing.

Thanks, DoninGA.  You have been very helpful.  The description on the box is clear about the Federal Returns, but a little hazy about state returns.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies