Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

james213

Used TurboTax premier last year 2022 Download tax2022 to a new pc Installed home and business 2023 It see the 2022 file I select transfer return But it doesn’t use info

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Used TurboTax premier last year 2022 Download tax2022 to a new pc Installed home and business 2023 It see the 2022 file I select transfer return But it doesn’t use info

Try transferring it as a PDF - Can I transfer last year's PDF into TurboTax Desktop 2023?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The pdf file is limited and only transfers like your name, address, ssn & AGI.  Do you have the data file ending in .tax2022 on your computer?  Windows or Mac? Oh, did you copy the .tax2022 file to the new computer and copy it to the hard drive?  Don't try to use it from the usb thumb drive.  

If you used the Desktop program, you need the data file ending in .tax2022 to transfer. It should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax folder. Or search your whole computer for all files ending in .tax or .tax2022.

How to Transfer into the Windows Desktop program
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/transfer-last-year-s-return-to-turbotax-fo...

Here's an idea. Do you still have 2022 installed? Try opening 2022 program and see if you can get your 2022 return to show up in it. Go to FILE - OPEN. And see if that is the right one.

In the 2022 program do a File-Save AS and give it a easy name you can find or search for. And note where it saves it or select where to save it so you can find it again. The file will end in .tax2022. Then close the 2022 program. Then start a new 2023 return and transfer from the 2022 file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies