Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

US-China tax treaty for J1-professor residence alien

I am a Chinese national and hold a J1-professor visa in US. Before that I was in US as F1-student for 6 years and so became a resident alien for tax purposes.

I wonder if I am still eligible for the US-China tax treaty under Article 19?

If so, how can I claim that when file tax withholdings or when file tax returns?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply
Level 15

US-China tax treaty for J1-professor residence alien

I guess we need @pk again!

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies